Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Back to School?!

So last week the day arrived for all the kiddos to go back to school here in Manitoba. There is no one in my house that is going to school, but the "poggie" ran out and so I went back to work the same day most kids went back to school. The night before as I was lying in bed trying to go to sleep, I couldn't help but feel like a kid again. You know, the anticipation of a new school/work year. The near future use of new office supplies (I love new paper, pens, etc.). And then of course the thought of office politics came and smashed me in the face. Kapow!



I'm sorry but I will rant just a little here. I know this is a blog for CDH and Madelyn, but it does relate a little bit. Now first of all I work at a great job, with great empolyers, and great co-workers, for ten years. I am the first one to admit that I am guilty of this. Why does office politics have to exist, and why do I allow myself to get sucked into it? This last year I was really not missing that part going to work. And after being pregnant with a CDH baby, that has only a 50/50 chance at survival, and after seeing your only child struggle to breath, struggle to live, and fight to over come this huge birth defect, and then when you actually get to take the precious gift that God has given us home. And now that she is a year old and looking back on all the things that she has had to over come and think about all the things that she has yet to over come. Are any of the issues of any significance really in the grand scheme of things; just think about it a little. I know, I will be trying.





There now that my rant is over with I can continue.....I had a great day at work. It was only for a few hours to get to know what my section of billing will be. Although I have to admit that there were a few moments that I was wondering if I could do this again. Reading words that had more than four syllables , and have an intelligent conversation that lasted more than two minutes without a baby crying. But it worked out just fine and then my time was up and I got to pick up Madelyn. She did great being away from me, I was a little worried as I don't have a regular babysitter. Now the real challange will be for me to stay disaplined enough to actually work when Madelyn is sleeping. Which reminds me, I should be getting back to work.......:)

No comments:

Post a Comment