Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ready, Set, Go .... And we are off to the races.

Madelyn started walking a few steps at a time in mid November. But she really took off on December 14th. She had an appointment with the physiotherapist and she was just evaluating her on a chart, and stated that as she was stepping, but not yet walking. Madelyn was about 5 -

6 weeks behind. (no kidding, maybe five weeks in hospital and having major surgery does hold you back.) Madelyn must have not liked what she heard, because as we left she grabbed my hand and walked out of the office and hasn't stopped walking.


For the first weeks she was always walking with her hands up in the air. I think she was trying to be prepared for any falls, either that or she was being carismatic, and praising God for the ability to walk. Hmmm, maybe both.


Needless to say my life has become even more busy. Some days I wonder how I will get anything done. But then I think back to this,



and then I just sit back and ponder all the joy that she has brought to our lives and how much more we have yet to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment