Friday, November 12, 2010

Ice Skates

We just got back from taking Madelyn ice skating. Carl grew up on the ice and is a very skilled skater. I on the other hand grew up skating on an outdoor ice rink a mile from our house, with no lessons other that what my father taught me. We had been talking about getting her on the ice for about a month and just never got around to it until today. Madelyn loved it! She loved the skates and took to them like any other pair of shoes. We all know that Madelyn LOVES shoes. On the ice she was willing to be pushed, pulled, and carried. She loved when Carl would carry her and skate around the ice, she wanted him to go faster and could not figure out why I was always lagging behind. I am very sorry I didn't get to take any pictures, but I was too busy trying not to fall down. It has been at least seven years since I have skated, maybe even more.

The best thing about the evening was that I was inspired. Madelyn who had never really seen ice skates before had no problem putting them on and was ready to go. She embraced the expirience with out any fear. She had no reservations that she might fall down or get hurt. The only time she complained was when it was time to go home, because she wasn't really ready yet.

This type of attitude inspires me to take in life and enjoy it. Not only the familiar things that I love but maybe to try a few things that I have not tried or tried for a while. Embrace life with a little more zeal. Who know that putting a two year in a pair of skates would do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment