Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Big Mac Anyone?

In all this want for CDH awareness, I talk about Madelyn all the time. Today I want everyone to know the generosity of the Ronald McDonald House of Winnipeg. Carl and I moved into the RMDH on September 6, 2008 and lived there until October 1, 2008. We only had to pay $10 a night. This is such an awesome charity. I truly don't know what I would have done without it. The house is located only two blocks away from the Children's Hospital. This gave me the freedom to see Madelyn anytime I wanted to, and it made me feel better knowing that I could be at her bedside in just ten minutes.

I know that your doctor has probably told you to cut back on your saturated fats, cholesterol, etc. But on Wednesday May 6th, I am asking that everyone buy a BigMac, EggMcMuffin, or a Happy Meal. Please help support families like ours. A little really goes a long way.

2 comments:

  1. My mom used the Ronald McDonald house for 6 months the year my brother had his accident.... the rest of us stayed there the weekends. It is a great place. I will try to buy a Big Mac today... heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and the boys went there for lunch today! I'll stomach some McDonald's in the name of charity! Always happy to support them!

    ReplyDelete