Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy Anniversary?!

So yesturday, April 28th was one year since I first heard the words Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. And I had just started to grasp how much they would effect our lives. I remember that day so vivoidly, like it was yesturday. I can even remember the outfit I was wearing.

So to make the day a happy one and to celebrate that Madelyn is 8 months old, we had a little three generation shopping trip. Madelyn and I, picked up my Mom and we hit the local stores for the morning. Madelyn slept through most of it, but she was great.

These are some of the thought I had as I rocked her to sleep last night.
1 in 2500 births have CDH.
About 50 % survive.
Madelyn kicked CDH in it's butt!
I can't believe we both survived this last year.
I wish that more babies would survive, because to many parents go home with empty arms.
God has been faithful to us and He has shone His face down upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment