Thursday, March 19, 2009

Does it ever end?

Now that I have more or less told you all the whole story of Madelyn's hospital stay, I would like to share more recent happenings in our house.

Madelyn is very closely monitored by her pediatritian, Dr. Carson. He is a great man, I really like him and he specializes in CDH cases. We take Madelyn to see him all the time. As she has gotten older and established a good growth curve we go less often. By that I mean it will be now eight weeks since our last appointment. From working in a medical clinic, I don't like being on the other side of the desk. But such is the life of a CDH baby. There is always something to be on the look out for.

Last week Madelyn had her follow up appointment at the Variety Heart Centre. I have to admit that I was very nervous about this appointment. I was afraid they would find something wrong with her heart.

The appointment was only a short echocardiogram (heart ultrasound). Madelyn had fun lying on the crinklely paper and chewing on the cord. The tech was great, she explained to me that it was all routine and the results would be sent to Dr. Carson. I am assuming that if something would have been drasticly wrong she would have let us know right away.

I of course now worry that there is still something wrong and that Dr. Carson will have bad news for us on our appointment next week. You would think by now I would be used to this. I guess mothers always worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment